[T2] CHT with Dakota gauge

Sami Dakhlia sami.dakhlia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:08:58 MST 2015

Hi Martin,
I did try to finagle the compression washer off the spark plug in a
non-destructive way, but was unsuccessful and even with the sensor ring
between the washer and the plug, I did not expect a better seal, so gave up
on that idea. Glad to hear this can work.

My plan for next summer is to install a A/F gauge with a wide band O2
sensor and go from there. If too lean, I'll assume that the heads have been
damaged and I'll replace them. If the A/F mix turns out ok, I'll pull the
engine anyway to JBweld the thermocouple close to the plug. Or dremel a
notch so that the sensor ring can be installed flat, without a bend.

Cheers,
Sami