[T2] drivers door needs shove to open

Ric Jablonski ricjablonski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:48:17 MST 2014

I just saw this and thought I would also report. What worked for me.

I took my door panel off and saw that the shaft from the interior handle to
the rear mechanism did not have a "V" in it as was advertized. Maybe in the
restoration a different year mechanism was used as I was working with
several available doors. ?

Anyway, I used some vise grips and grabbed the shaft in the center and gave
it a turn/ twist to effectively shorten it a bit. I did this a tiny bit at
a time and it works fine now. I think the issue might be in the interior
handle I was using. I really do not think it came from the same bus.
Anyway, it is a joy to open the door from the inside without breaking my
shoulder.