[T2] secondary oil cooler advise !

Christophe Guilbert cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu
Wed Oct 8 11:50:56 MST 2014

Hi guys,

I am trying to find a small secondary oil cooler for my vanagon 1983.
I wanted small so it can nicely fit underneath the van at the driver
side back lights level.
I came across this guys which is a transmission cooler with a 9800 BTU rate.
http://www.amazon.com/70255-SuperCooler-Automatic-Transmission-Coole/dp/B000CIGE96#productDetails

Does anyone has any experience using a transmission cooler as a
secondary oil cooler. They are small and I can build a nice bracket
holding fans and deflector

Also out of curiosity , does anyone know the BTU rate of our stock oil
cooler (2.0L engine), maybe a 9800 BTU is not worth the install. What do
you think ?

Thanks