[T2] STOOOOPID QUESTION

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Mon Oct 6 17:49:33 MST 2014

From: "syd clarke",,, some things you wrote ...
> transaxle and my starter could not reach ring gear
>  and after removing the 'whole power plant' to put needed bellhousing
> in..I connected the shift rod and thought..all would be well!! but..when I
> went to shift the tranny the shift was hard, and now I am wondering.. is
> the trans shift rod. that extends from the transaxle...a different length
> from '74 to ..'later' trans?  If the answer is yes..watch for a BIG FIRE!!

Hey Syd... no need for a fire! ...
Yes... the shifter rod and the trans from early to late are different.... as
is the hockey stick, and trans body length.. as is the bellhousing length..

now.. it depends on what you have...........
I am guessing,, but it could be you have a 74 shift linkage / body..<almost
positive about this>
and a 78 hockey stick / 091 trans body / 002 bellhousing combination.....

is the shifter handle really close to the dash right now....?? when in first
gear...?

with the above combination,,  you can make adjustments at the hockey
stick,,,
loosen the grub screw off.. slip the coupler towards the trans,, and snug it
up..

try to shift ,, see if that helps.......
if you find that is the case,, you may want to put a new dimple in the
hockey stick .. I think it is about 12mm back

otherwise,, you really need to identify what parts are assembled .
like I said,, I think you have:
a 74 body / shift linkage
091 trans body
002 bellhousing