[T2] STOOOOPID QUESTION

syd clarke sydclarke at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 6 17:32:28 MST 2014

Hi, I have a '74 westy with 1.8L and carbs..and  I bought a transaxle
from a 'dealer' about 8 years ago, and it came with the bell housing for
that transaxle and I installed same..but.. the TA was from a NEWER
transaxle and my starter could not reach ring gear ( another dog and
Pony show story)  and after removing the 'whole power plant' to put
needed bellhousing in..I connected the shift rod and thought..all would
be well!! The motor spins over and no fuel....so am working on
that...but..when I went to shift the tranny the shift was hard, and now
I am wondering.. is the trans shift rod. that extends from the
transaxle...a different length from '74 to ..'later' trans?  If the
answer is yes..watch for a BIG FIRE!!
Cheers
Scoggy