[T2] Bus running too hot.

Robert Mann robtmann7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 01:32:01 MST 2014

At 12:26 AM -0400 14/7/14, Mike Benthin wrote:
>I agree- adding bigger bores might also require
>you to burn higher octane gas or you might be
>getting preignition if the compression ratio was
>not checked.
>
>On 7/13/2014 12:58 AM, David Schwarze wrote:
>  You have more displacement than stock which means you are burning more fuel.

	Of course, if you slap a couple big
stainless needles in a narrow part of the intake
tract after the filter, with a water bottle in
the rear corner of the bus, you will decrease
exhaust temp considerably.
	BTW having now done some hundreds of
miles with thermocouples in the oil and in the #3
spark-plug washer, may I ask for typical
readings?  My 1600 dp in coolish weather but not
near freezing typically shows  °C

CHT	town econocruise	200	hiway
econocruise   250-255	long wide-open

OT			120			140		    155