[T2] Bus running too hot.

Mike Benthin muts at verizon.net
Sun Jul 13 21:26:59 MST 2014

I agree- adding bigger bores might also require you to burn higher
octane gas or you might be getting preignition if the compression ratio
was not checked.  The 009 would give a rather retarded total advance
(about 30 vs the 44 for a dual advance? so it might prevent it running
hot.  When I added big bores to a 71 engine without knowing about
compression ratios or increased jetting I burnt the valves in 1200 miles
using regular gas.
Since the 76 is fuel injected, it adds gas on the basis of the air
drawing in and deflecting the vane in the air flow meter.  Hence AIR
FLOW CONTRL Bosch FI.Presumably the extra draw would make it want to add
more gas, but that is adjustable by changing the spring tension of the
resistor arm.  Make sure you check all air hoses for leakage- what is
your measured vacuum in the airbox?

MUTS Oboe/EH support = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper