[T2] battery light on, no turn signals

Scott Busby swbusby at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 20:51:54 MST 2014

Studied the 74 bus wiring schematic and concluded that the S11 Fuse must be
blown. Since this fuse provides 12v to the turn-signals and the hazard
flasher, it explains why those weren't working.
The interesting part is why the battery/alt warning light was lit. It turns
out that this light has battery power on one side, and alternator power on
the other side. If either has less voltage, the difference will be seen
across the light, and it will glow. Well, the battery side to the warning
light must first go through the S11 fuse!
Normally, the battery side and the alternator side will have equal voltage,
so the light will not glow. But since my S11 fuse was blown (open), then
current was coming from the alternator, across the warning light, and on to
ground.
​I replaced the S11 fuse, and I am back on the road and happy! (hmm, why
did that fuse blow....)

Scott B
74 bus