[T2] wiring gremlins!!!!

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Sat Feb 1 18:31:51 MST 2014

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014, Mike Benthin wrote:

> When you touch the + to the + of coil, you will hear the double relay click-
> does it click without jumper and using the key?  The vacuum of cranking

relay clicks with the key or the jumper if key is off.

> operates the pump as the flapper makes the pump contact in the AFM close.
> BTW, will it jump going down a hill (ign on), or can't you do that with an

can't do that with auto and don't have  convient hill anyway

> automatic?  When using key and it cranks, do you get a spark at the coil?

there is the problem, a very very weak spark, with jumper very vigorous
spark,  probably weak spark will keep it running but not start, question
is "Why" and "where"

> You have a spark, it should start if you have fuel pressure AND working
> injectors- did you do the injector voltage test while cranking with key?

injectors work fine, and fuel presure is 30+ psi

sort of have it pinned down to "getting power to coil while starting"
me thinks bad connector or wire. but "where"???

thanks