[T2] Timing type 4 motor

Sami Dakhlia sami.dakhlia at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 12:35:06 MST 2014

Hi Richard,
I agree with Greg. I would also add that your jumpy timing is a sign
that the distributor is worn out.
Besides, you did not tell us what kind of distributor you have, does
it have vacuum advance and retard? The story with timing at high rpm
with 38 deg total advance is eyebrow-raising; I'm not so sure that's
necessarily correct if you have vacuum advance. Maybe others can
confirm or reject that statement.
Good luck,
Sami