[T2] type 2 and vanagon engines

Tom Tarka tommy at slackers.net
Fri Sep 13 09:56:10 MST 2013

I received the following email from Robert who is wondering how interchangeable an 82 vanagon engine is with a 78 bus, both fuel-injected.

I said that the exhaust and heat exchangers would be most of what he has to worry about, but I'm an early-bay guy.

Anyone else want to chime in?  His transmission shouldn't need anything new, right?

Cheers,
   Tom