[T2] Successful roadside accelerator cable replacement

David Kelly volknstein at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 21:40:23 MST 2013

Good Job!
Feel good doesn't it?

This happened to me once. I was headed out of town with my girl friend (now wife) for a week long camping trip.   I did not have a spare. I called up Darrell at Silver Lake VW in Wilmington, NC at 5 pm on a Friday. He usually doesn't have too many parts buses at the shop. He actually answered and just so happened to have a 68 bus ( same as mine) that actually had a cable still in it. He pulled it for me right then. I took a cab to get to his shop, slid some money under the door, and picked up my cable from a hiding spot. I installed it on the side of the road and kept on trucking with a very patient lovely woman. That was the first of many breakdown that week, but all were fixable on the side of the road. What a great trip! Many kudos to such great people, like Darrel who are like the salt of the earth.

David Kelly
68 VW camper

Sent from my iPhone