[T2] travailing out to CA again & GPS systems

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Thu Jun 20 06:50:51 MST 2013

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013, Eric Carter wrote:

> I guess the only danger is that they may route you through some "unsavoury" parts of town.

a friend of mine at one time worked for the folks planning the routings
for these "Services" and he told me the company was paid to while not
cause diversions when possible to take certain routes that would pass
certain "advertisers" facilities.
  what you get is not necessarily the "best" route or "shortest" route for
you the consumer, but rather the "best" route for the provider of the
information.