[T2] travailing out to CA again & GPS systems

Gregory Urban urban at yaic.com
Wed Jun 19 13:11:29 MST 2013

Sounds like another great trip!

You can have the maps downloaded to your phone, so even when you have no
signal you can still view the local maps.  I'm not sure how Apple Maps
handles this, but for Google maps the explanation and instructions are here:

http://support.google.com/gmm/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2650218

I know people use this feature when they are hiking, since there is a good
chance they will be out of range from their carrier's cell phone signal.

Hope this helps.

Greg U