[T2] I hate electrical problems-now color of tarps vs heat reflected

Mike Benthin muts at verizon.net
Tue Jul 16 19:53:24 MST 2013

DoctorTim quoth:
"Only the silver reflective tarps give the good temp reduction. All other
colors will absorb more rays."
Actually, white will reflect more solar insolation than "silver"- using
aluminum as the color base. .  A truly mirrored surface would reflect
more.  I proved this myself- at one time I had painted my 71 camper roof
silver.  Definitely warmer when measuring the temperature of the roof
INSIDE. Repainted it white.

MUTS Oboe/EH support = Michael's Ultimate Thumb Saver
93 Chevy Roadtrek 210P
78 VW Westfalia Camper