[T2] I hate electrical problems

doktortim at rockisland.com doktortim at rockisland.com
Mon Jul 15 11:38:41 MST 2013

> On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 doktortim at rockisland.com wrote:
>
>> I use a big silver cover to setup over my tent and camp goods in open
>> sun.
>> 15 to 20 degrees cooler in the tent at 100 degree ambiant, or
>> thereabouts.
>> Just throw one over the bus and flare the sides and tie off to stakes or
>> fences or such as the BIG spikes I get at building suppliers which work
>> perfect in soil or grass. A bit of poly rope and poles and silver tarp
>> reflect the sun is the lowest cost for a temporary solution that
>> actually
>> works well.
>
> that sounds like a decent idea, beats the blue plastic thing I use now,
> since entire area is concrete couldn't use pegs, I tie one end to garage
> and have plastic pipe poles for other side tied off to cinder blocks.
>
> Bob

Only the silver reflective tarps give the good temp reduction. All other
colors will absorb more rays. And yes, even on hard surfaces buckets of
sand or stones or what you got can be used for a temp tarp setup. Won't
work very well if the winds come up much. Light breazes are ok, gusts much
over 10mph can be a problem needing better/heavier fastenings.