[T2] I hate electrical problems-now color of tarps vs heat reflected

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Wed Jul 17 04:55:26 MST 2013

Mike, does your scientific experiment apply to tarps... just asking ?,,
because I *think* the silver tarps are made of a different material,,
thicker or something that actually does reflect more of the sun..  I know a
blue tarp has a SPF of about only 10... I assume the white tarp is about the
same SPF... and you can definitly feel the radiant heat from the tarp
The silver tarps don't seem to have that radiant feeling..  and coleman sell
theirs with a SPF of about 50 iirc...

> DoctorTim quoth:
> "Only the silver reflective tarps give the good temp reduction. All other
> colors will absorb more rays."

"Mike Benthin" said