[T2] used engine (Power Steering)

Joe Average joeaverage at frontiernet.net
Wed Jul 10 07:12:52 MST 2013

On 07/10/2013 01:50 AM, Lourd Baltimore wrote:
> It's a fail-safe design that inversely scales power assistance with vehicle speed.  That is, you get less power assistance as you go faster.
> It's not cheap at £1195 Bay (includes fitting) or £995 Vanagon (self fitting).  However, I remember reading some reviews saying that if you have the spare cash, then it is a revelation.

Far neater solution than I'd guessed was available off the shelf.

Thanks for the education. Still worry that the steering box might be
trashed by the stress of stationary maneuvers. Probably unfounded. or
watch for a replacement box at a good price to shelve for later in case
those fears came true?

Chris in TN