[T2] warning: fuel pump minutiae

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Thu Aug 22 14:29:48 MST 2013

ok wasn't clear. my mind was speaking before my hands got it out right.

unlike FI engines which have a bypass fuel presure regulator.
if you put a regulator on a manual pump it will build up presure in the
fuel line between the pump and regulator and "May" cause the pump to try
to fight the presure and possibly damage the diaphram.

been many years since I had carb engine so this may be blowing wind but
memory seems I was warned about this years ago.

Bob