[T2] warning: fuel pump minutiae

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Thu Aug 22 14:01:02 MST 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "E Burtis" <ewdb92 at yahoo.com>
Have those of you who have inserted gaskets actually measured the
pressure afterwards? If so and if it really does go down to 2 - 3
psi, then I'm really confused.

------
I was travelling,, and the engine would run strange .... I realized it did
strange things at GAS Tank Half Full........ so I put on my fuel pressure
gauge... ZERO pressure.... ??
so I was running on head pressure... but at half tank, the fuel level was
below the carb inlet.. and needed syphon to continue,, or mechanical pump
pressure..

I pulled out both gaskets.. the pressure increased to 10 PSI.... I put one
gasket back in,, and I was at 5psi...
so I sanded off the gasket thickness from the phenolic block....and put the
other gasket back in,, and it stayed at 5psi
hope that helps

Jamie