[VB] 14" vs 15" wheels (c.dreike)

Conrad Klahn conradk at mac.com
Fri Sep 7 13:58:13 PDT 2018

Hey Chris,

Sorry to hear that.

I put a front disc conversion on my ’64 Dodge pickup and had to grind on the corners of the calipers a little for clearance. There was plenty of metal there to take off, though the calipers are OEM and not Wilwood or some other type that might have less metal. My biggest issue with the aftermarket disc setups is that they widen the track and on my bus it seems to want to oversteer more - I need to install the front sway bar to see that will help.

Many moons ago I put Audi wheels on my Vanagon and had to clearance out the center hub and edge of the inner diameter. A brake shop had a lathe to do that. Not sue something like that can be done in this case though.

Interested in what you come up with if able.

Conrad