[VB] VW list of Road Trip essentials

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Thu Mar 8 12:21:04 PST 2018

I try to think of this every now and then, and always seem to forget something. Now that I think of it - there is probably a 'must have' a 'nice to have' and a 'really nice to have' list. This list also needs to evolve depending on the length of the trip.  I'll add on to the one you started...

MUST HAVE
AIRS list
Throttle Cable
Clutch Cable
Brake Cable
Fuses
Muir Book
Phillips and regular screwdriver (Large, Regular, Small)
Socket set - (I usually have a full set, and always say to myself - I shouldn't really need the whole set, but which ones to take?)
Socket Extension
Voltmeter
Road Map
Phone charger?
Flashlights?
Points

NICE TO HAVE
Battery jumper thingy, then again with a standard, you can always do a push start
Phone Charger
Floor Jack
Valve cover gaskets
Oil Drain plug seal