[VB] Winter is upon us...

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Thu Dec 20 12:12:35 PST 2018

Hello Folks,

Well, I just put my Westy away for the winter. I am too scared of the road salt, and they are starting to put a little down. So I gave it a good wash, and oil change and parked it for the winter - also a bit of fuel stabilizer in there.

The last month or so I was having an odd problem, which appeared to be related to the weather. On cold days, when I started it, the westy ran very sluggishly until it seemed to warm up. In other word - I would push the gas pedal, but get practically no response, and it wasn't like the engine started to over rev or anything. Probably less than 5 minutes later - it would run fine. Any ideas on things to check next spring? Or maybe if I get some warm days here...

Have a Great Christmas or whichever holiday you may be celebrating this time of year, enjoy your families and friends and of course your buses! And Happy New Year!

Thanks to all of you for your help over the year, I love reading your stories and challenges, makes me know I am not alone in this struggle between Father Time and my buses...
My early resolution for next year - get my truck back on the road!

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab