[VB] FW: [T2] Good News

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Fri Sep 1 18:55:31 PDT 2017

I think you are right, I don’t think it is inside the transmission either. I’ve tried setting that front shifter base plate 4 times – and can’t seem to get it. I have adjusted this on my ’65 – and was able to do it. I don’t remember it being a problem like this one is.

I’m going to get it up – and look closely at the coupling at the rear of the shift rods. Once I have time.

-Kevin Guarnotta

’65 Kombi
’69 Singlecab
’78 Westy
Jamaica Plain, MA USA

From: Billiumboy [mailto:billiumboy at gmail.com]
Subject: Re: [T2] Good News

It it not inside the transmission.   REPEAT IT IS NOT INSIDE THE TRANSMISSION.

Please look up the proper adjustment sequence in the Bentley book.  I can't see to find the link tonight but did find a complete section on TheSamba.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=314613&highlight=shifter

Save your money and take the steps to properly adjust the shifter first.  The spring loaded bottom of the shift lever is not lining up correctly and that is why the shifter is "spinning". See image below towards the top.