[VB] Brake shoes

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Tue May 16 14:28:00 PDT 2017

Dave,
Thanks for the advice. I drove around my neighborhood in 2nd gear while
applying the brakes until they were hot. I could just smell something. A
little scary as I could not stop the bus from rolling back down my
driveway with the parking brake. Parked it in my garage for about an
hour and a half to cool, no parking brake.

It now stops better than before I started down this path. I can stop
hard, lock up the brakes too. However it takes a verrry heavy foot to
lock em up.
Must have them adjusted fairly well as there is almost no pull left or
right. Same with the parking brake.

I'm going to try the old composition shoes on the front and see what
happens. I'll mark each of the new shoes so I can put them back in the
same place as now if I want.

Will post again when finished.

Cheers,
Chris