[VB] Good NEws

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Thu Aug 17 21:26:49 PDT 2017

I am starting to get frustrated. Just got home from the tow.

I'll check points and valves again tomorrow. I had already started looking into getting pertronix for this bus, just wasn't sure which way to go.
What do you mean by "Does it Rattle?"

I think a distributor clamp or distributor issue could possibly explain this. I tried my timing light on the distributor - to see what I could measure - based on what my mechanic did. Ie I wanted to see what my timing light would say. I was getting erratic results. Dwell would shift from 9 to 50. RPM would not register directly - I would rev the engine, and the RPMs would raise to match, then stick saying my bus was at 2500 RPM, when it was down around 900. Flashing the light at the pulley - would give me erratic readings. I was starting to think I had something wrong with my timing light, but maybe it is a distributor problem. Either that or the coil?

Oh yeah, when I got home - I started it up, and let it idle, and it would just sit and idle fine for a few minutes.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

’78 Westy
'69 Singlecab