[VB] Good NEws

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Tue Aug 15 12:38:22 PDT 2017

> Whenever it stalls I go look and the fuel filters are full of fuel - this makes me think I don't have a fuel problem.  Maybe my fuel pump has gone bad. What is a simple way to test this - do I need a fuel pressure gauge?

after it stalls, with no other cranking, immediately go back and open
the throttle a few times - do you hear/see the accel pump squirting?
if not, then the bowl is dry and it's a delivery-to-the-carb problem.

when it stalls - does it stall at steady throttle, or just under
accel?  does pumping the throttle (so using the accel pump to inject
extra fuel) change it at all as it's stalling?