[VB] [T2] Good News

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Tue Aug 15 05:37:40 PDT 2017

HI Rob,

vapour lock – are saying that the metal fuel line that goes through the firewall is heating up – and causing vapour lock (as the gas gets so hot it turns to vapour?) So I should wrap that metal tube in aluminum foil?

I’m going to adjust valves this morning. Try that. IF that doesn’t work I’ll try the Aluminum foil thing, but not sure why that would come on all the sudden.

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

’78 Westy
'69 Singlecab
'65 Ez-camper

From: Robert Mann [mailto:robtmann7 at gmail.com]
Subject: Re: [T2] Good News

   Kev,
            The spectacular overheating prompts me to think of vapour lock in a petrol line.  (It's remarkably similar to what you call vapor lock 😃).  The facts are consistent with this possibility.
             Without trying to confirm that there is a gap of this type in your fuel supply, just loosely wrap the hottest part of that pipe with aloominum foil.  Then if the stumbling takes much longer to set in, on a given run, that's pretty close to confirmation.
              But don't neglect to fix the overheating {retarded ignition??}

Good luck

RM