[VB] Good News

Kevin Guarnotta kevin at guarnottadesign.com
Mon Aug 14 09:48:02 PDT 2017

I'm wondering if I should change the subject of these posts.

I got everything back together (aside from re-mounting the rear bumper). I put 4 gallons of fresh 93 octane gas. It started right up, sounded great, no hesitation. I let it idle for a bit, I even ran my gas heater - everything seemed and sounded fine in the driveway. Idled for about 5 to 10 minutes. Then I figured I'd take a test drive around the corner. Drive fine for about 1 mile, then stuttering and stopping again. I limped the bus home - multiple starts and stops.

I checked the installed fuel filters in engine - they have fuel. So the fuel pump must be working, right. So I have fuel.

I just need spark and compression. Could a loose electrical connection cause something like this?

What else could it be? What would cause an intermittent problem like this. Any suggestion on what to check next?

-Kevin Guarnotta
Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy
'69 Singlecab