[VB] 6 volt starter in 12 volt tranny ...

John Dillon johndillon at johndillon.com
Tue Jul 21 16:41:48 MST 2015

what have people been doing to accomplish this? I have a freshly rebuilt 6 volt starter … and a 6 volt flywheel … but tranny has a hole for a 12 volt starter …

my mechanic suggested i machine the hole in the transmission up to a 6 volt size … probably the best idea. Rancho tells me there is a really thin starter bushing but they don’t recommend it because it is so thin … they suggest machineing the 6 volt starter down to a 12 volt size … or … pulling of the 6 volt gear on the starter and having it put onto a 12 volt starter …

but there must be others who’ve come across this …

jdd