[VB] upcoming 30th "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch" camping weekend

Bill Bowman bill at bnnta.com
Wed Aug 12 09:24:05 MST 2015

Howdy everyone,

We're a little over three weeks out from the Labor Day weekend, and I
thought I'd update you on our preparations for the upcoming 30th BNNTA
Volkswagen camping weekend.  The USACE Park Rangers say that all "is GO",
and that they are looking forward to the arrival of all the VW's at Mark
Twain Lake.  The event t-shirts and awards have been ordered, and I'm going
through our event-prep checklists to get ourselves ready at BNNTA-central.
So mark your schedules, tune-up and pack-up your VWs with your camping
gear, coolers, water toys, etc. for the journey to the Lake for the 30th
BNNTA weekend!  In case you've forgotten, here's the "birds-eye lowdown on
this caper"!  Please feel free to forward this e-mail and info to any VW
club discussion lists or VW friends who might be interested!

See you soon!

Bill & Kathryn

 - - - - - - - - - - - -
Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #30

Formerly, and also known as "Busses By The Arch". A family-oriented VW
camping weekend!

Friday, Sept 4th thru Sept 7th, 2015 (The entire Labor Day weekend!)

It's time again to make plans to attend the premier Midwest VW Type 2
camping event! We can hardly believe that this will be the 30th BNNTA event
that we've hosted for all of you! We are delighted on average to host
roughly 100 Busses. (Check out past event coverage in the July, 2011 issue
of "Hot VWs Magazine").

Make plans to come join us for the upcoming "Buses Nowhere Near the Arch"
camping weekend. This family camping event will feature a gathering of VW
Transporters of all types and eras from all over the USA. While
predominantly a Type 2 event, all models and eras of VW are welcome to camp
with us! We are looking forward to seeing you and your Type 2 amidst all
the "Split-windshields", "Bubble-windshields", Vanagons, and EuroVans as
well as any other VW types this Fall. All models and years of VWs are
invited, and "only VWs" are allowed inside the BNNTA event campground.

"Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #30" will be held rain or shine over the
long Labor Day holiday weekend, Friday, Sept 4th thru Sep 7th, 2015. We
will gather again at the group use campgrounds at Indian Creek Recreation
Area. This U.S. Army Corps of Engineers campground is located on the 18,000
acre Mark Twain Lake, about 30 miles southwest of historic Hannibal,
Missouri. This is a beautiful, federally-run campground with paved roads
and pads and very nice facilities. Most conveniences are available in
nearby Monroe City or Hannibal.

On both Friday and Saturday evening we plan to have campfires and music
along with VW and other "unusual" door prizes, and parts swapping in
addition to the "site-to-site" socializing "Bus-banter" that this VW
camping event is famous for. On Saturday morning we are planning another of
our famous "Bus caravans" over to historic Hannibal, the boyhood home of
Samuel Clemens, a.k.a. "Mark Twain." You'll have lots of time to explore
the haunts of his hometown, or tour "Injun Joe's cave." You won't want to
miss it!

On Saturday evening, owners choice awards will be presented in several Type
2 classes in addition to vendor and participant-donated door prizes. If you
have a neat VW item to donate, bring it along. On Sunday you are free to
enjoy the lake or visit other regional highlights. It should prove to be a
relaxed, fun weekend full of great Volkswagen experiences and new
friendships.

Our private camping facilities at Indian Creek include our own large,
private "Busses Nowhere Near the Arch" group area with some electric
hook-ups (first come, first served), fishing, water-sports (bring your
water toys), playground, huge pavillion, nice restrooms and hot shower
facilities, and a nearby boat ramp. The all inclusive camping/event fee is
only $30 per VW for the entire weekend.

Only VW’s that are registered and camping will be admitted into the BNNTA
group area! Now, please read that last sentence again!

Sites in the BNNTA group area can not be reserved in advance. The gates to
our "group" campground will be open for arrivals and site selection by
about noon on Friday. If you arrive earlier, you might decide to stay
nearby in the regular Indian Creek "public" campground. Although there
should be plenty of room for everyone, the earlier you arrive the better.

We are looking forward to your arrival for a holiday weekend full of
Volkswagen fun. Please pass the word around to your VW friends about this
Volkswagen camping festival held over the long Labor Day holiday weekend!

Wipe down and pack up those Transporters for the cruise to Mark Twain Lake
for the "Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #30" campout on Friday, Sept 4th thru
Monday Sept 7th, 2015 near Hannibal, Missouri. Please see the simple
website below for a link to a mapping program to find your way to BNNTA.

"Busses Nowhere Near the Arch #30th"
Indian Creek Recreation Area, Mark Twain Lake, MO

Directions:

>From Monroe City, MO:
Take US Route 24 southwest approx. 6.5 miles.
Turn left (south) onto State Route "HH", (WATCH FOR "BNNTA" SIGNS)
Proceed almost 1.75 miles, turn left onto first paved road. Monroe County
Road #581. There is an "Indian Creek Marina" billboard and VW event signs
at this turn, then proceed a little over 3.5 miles into the "Indian Creek
Recreational Area" and watch for signs on the right for the "Group Use
Area"; then follow signs into the "Group Use Area".

Welcome to "Busses Nowhere Near the Arch"! See you there!

Bill Bowman

http://www.bnnta.com