[VB] Aluminum jalousie window cleaning

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Mon Mar 10 17:52:26 MST 2014

I took mine apart a few years ago. I tried soda blasting - it didn't work
out. I ended up just with fine steel wool, and some aluminum polish. I
didn't want a mirror finish - I just wanted them to look clean, and seal
properly. I went to all lengths on the sealing. I sourced seals - which I
don't know you can get any longer. I got new glass too. I believe it was
laminated.

As for re-installing the glass, I used glazing tape. It is a great product,
that does not dry up, and is easy to install.  I highly recommend using this
tape - the again this is for the Hehr type windows. Not sure which type you
are working on.

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy