[VB] fire extinguishers

J.W. Morris dasbusking at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 20:50:53 MST 2014

David,
I am very happy to hear that your bus was saved.  I would also like to point out that vehicle mounted dry powder fire extinguishers have a tendency to have the powder clump up in the bottom from  all of the road vibrations. It is a good practice to take your extinguisher out of its mount and shake the heck out of it occasionally to loosen up the powder.  I have added this task to my valve adjustment maintenance schedule. Also carry the biggest extinguisher you can reasonably fit, I read somewhere that you get 5 seconds of extinguisher time for each 5lbs of capacity. That is not much time even with a big extinguisher!

Have a great day,
J.W. Morris