[VB] Scam maybe. How's it work?

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Thu Jan 2 14:15:59 MST 2014

From: "Bob
> Some people are just plain lazy. I've had numerous people flake out on
> transactions. Craigslist is the worst for this. I have an ever growing
> list
> of numbers in my phone with the name + flake + part/transaction saved just
> in case I get hit up twice by the same people and it has happened.

I do the same thing! ,,, also,, when I feel I need to flake out on a deal..
It reminds me to at least contact the seller and tell them.. sorry, not
interested anymore.

I am not sure if you have to worry about just anyone gathering your name and
address.... what about NSA .... <evil grin>
http://business.financialpost.com/2013/12/31/nsa-iphone-spy-apple-inc/

or big business..
http://www.zdnet.com/big-data-or-corporate-spying-7000006983/

sometimes I just contact a seller to find out the price, or the condition,
or the location...<why don't they put that in the ad!!?>  and then forget
about replying back as the info didn't meet my interests.. recently I
replied to a camper was on the samba for $7000.... next day ,, $3500....  he
sent me the address to view it... it wasn't worth $500.... I didn't reply
back.  He got mad at me a week later for ignoring him, not replying,,
FLAKING..   lol  :p

jays... then I sent him a message that I didn't think it was worth $500...
he said he'd take that offer.........    what?...................
then he talked me into meeting him at the vehicle where I offered him
$100... and I was still very worried that there wasn't a single part that
wasn't going to go across the scale for scrap,, and make me $35 for all
involved in moving it from where it was.........

I still have the heap here,, it has donated a few parts to a few projects...
so for the $100 . it was worth it.. and that seller finally came to the
conclusion that a vehicle that sat along the fence line for soooo many years
<10+> that the tires were half burried in the ground... the body work done
years ago had rusted thru,, most of the frame was gone.... engine was brand
new with no oil in it soooo all the internal parts are rusted to be
unusable..... canvas and wood interior blah blah blah... time to sell , as
he has a buyer.

As for scammers gathering data for fraud ...
I asked the bank what was safe.... cash? - counterfeit..... cheque? -
bounces ..... money order? - too many stolen ones out there..... bank draft-
to easy to falsify.... direct deposit?- OMG NO.. they have your account
number to dip into....  certified cheque? ... stop order can be placed on it
and it will bounce too!  and they can easily be counterfeit.... paypal?
lol... many seller have lost the item and the money!
so you have to look at the situation .... read up on line about scammers...
http://www.419eater.com/ I got taken by a person that "I know where they
live" but they know the law.. and i can't legally collect.. and it isn't
worth a nefarious collection furm

it is an interesting world out there today,, I trust people ,,, and so far I
have only had 2 transactions go sour.. so I put it in perspective and move
on.... but I do worry about what others are thinking.... I am really waiting
for the outcome of a local transaction ... but I am pretty sure we will
never know the truth...  Tim Bosma R.I.P.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/14/tim-bosma-dead-hamilton-police_n_3272365.html

http://www.discovery.ca/article.aspx?aid=57013