[VB] Porsche generator pulley works great

SAm_w sglw at aol.com
Sun Sep 29 21:32:18 MST 2013

Tks Eric&Barb, I agree with you.
Sounds like a mixture of my 63 singlecab and my 73 Thing.
I have a Meximotor, 1600 DP and a 3.88 Ring and pinion with 63 only
little-big-nut RGB's, and am running 205-75-15 tyres, so I get 3000 RPM
at 60 MPH. It does get a little warm going up the long stow hill to
Redding on I5 at 100+ degrees F , I think I will add a 356 pulley to my
generator, that way it should run a bit cooler when going at 3000 to
3500 RPM.

In my 73 Thing I have a stroker motor (74x94) giving me a 2054 cc. It
was getting high CHT's so I just aided a Porsche 356 generator pulley
and now it runs with good CHT's. I bought the 356 parts from Pelican
parts, and I probably did not need the shaft and nut, but got them
anyway. Porsche shims are not needed and they cost $4.50 each!