[VB] lost my tranny ....

C. Dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Tue Sep 24 20:14:29 MST 2013

Once you get the rubber boots off and the hemispherical bells removed,
you will need a large snap ring plier for removing the snap rings. I
have a larger sized quality brand like proto or crescent needle nose
plier with the tips slightly bent that sort of works. Its quite the
job to get those buggers out. Be careful, easy to bark a nuckle or
worse in the process. Once the snap ring is removed, then all the axle
and plates and parts almost fall out. To reinstall the pieces, grease
them with moly grease or other nice similar sticky stuff to hold them
in place as you insert the axles. Installing the snap rings is no
easier than the removal, sadly.

Best of luck. Let us know how it turns out!
Chris
64 DD Kamper Kit
Just turned 50 on 9/6/2013!!

Scientists seek to understand what is,
while engineers seek to create what never was.
As the "Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait says, "Teach a man to reason, and
he can think for a lifetime."