[VB] lost my tranny ....

John Dillon johndillon at johndillon.com
Tue Sep 24 09:37:39 MST 2013

And after all the things I did for her/him.

Anyway, I was heading to work and thought I'd drive my old bus . so I could
get it to Krown today. got to the top of my small hill and something
exploded . I think my transmission locked up . clutch still works so I was
able to get into neutral and roll back down the hill into my driveway .

I do have a rebuilt transmission I want to install . Dougie Dee did it for
me maybe a year or so ago . anyway, my question.

How do you remove the axles (they are axles right?) from the side of the
transmission. I've rebuilt redux boxes a couple times but I've never taken
the axles off.

And - I'm going to be reinstalling the transmission that originally came
with my 60 - is there anyway of knowing how it will perform with a 1500 or
1600 vs. the 1200 it was originally paired with.