[VB] Fuel reserve switch

E Burtis ewdb92 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 12:14:55 MST 2013

I would think the flow should be more than a trickle, even with 3 or so gallons in the tank.  Have a gas can or oil pan ready when you take petcock out just in case you have a partial clog and more gas remains in the tank.  This happened to me on my first beetle, thought it was empty till I took the bottom outlet off and, in doing so, destroyed a plug of rusty gunk - oh what a mess that made!