[VB] [T2] Diagnosing bad fuel pump

Kevin Guarnotta kguarnotta at usa.net
Fri Oct 11 09:00:42 MST 2013

Fuel filter, I took your advice, and replaced the fuel filter. Damn, it was
really dirty on the bottom half, I didn't notice as I only looked at it but
didn't inspect it. It looked totally clean, but once I took it out, and spun
it around, it was pretty dirty on half the filter. I hope that was it.

I'll try to do a  couple test drives today.

Thanks, and yes I do feel stupid for not looking at the filter more closely.

-Kevin Guarnotta

Jamaica Plain, MA

'78 Westy

'69 Singlecab

'65 Ez-camper

From: Joe St.Croix [mailto:spotop at gmail.com]

I certainly would change the fuel filter first, since it is never a bad
idea, its cheap and easy, and also, looks are always deceiving in this case,
since I had a Suzuki samurai and the tank had schmutz in it and always
clogged the filter, and those too always looked fine.