[VB] redux: Porsche Pulley

C. Dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Sun Jul 21 21:22:16 MST 2013

Hi,
Ran an experiment on my upright engine. Last weekend I motored down
and back up the freeway at WOT using the stock pulley on my
alternator. Today I ran once again however with a Porsche pulley.
Slightly smaller diameter, have not yet made an estimation of how much
smaller. Ambient air temperature was about 70F on both runs. With
stock pulley I saw CHT at about 365F and still slightly rising. Today
with the Porsche pulley I saw a max of about 345F. I hit 75mph before
I let up on the throttle.  I think I'll keep the Porsche unit in
place.

BTW, the stock belt is 905mm. I went to a 890 for the PP.

Cheers!
Chris
64 DD Kamper Kit

Scientists seek to understand what is,
while engineers seek to create what never was.
As the "Bad Astronomer" Phil Plait says, "Teach a man to reason, and
he can think for a lifetime."