[T2] Oil

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Wed May 19 21:02:23 PDT 2021

Hey,
Last year I went out to Buses By the Bridge. Getting ready to leave in the
morning, my oil filter popped! Spille a bunch of oil. What a mess to clean
up.
Not sure what oil I was running, but I went out to a FLAPS and purchased a
couple of HP oil filters and more oil. Seems to have solved the problem.
It wasn't all that cold as I recall, maybe 45 or 50 degrees but that must
have thickened the oil just enough to produce an overpressure.
I have not changed oil since. My engine burns a lot of oil, about a quart
in 7-800 miles so it gets a regular fresh quart.

BTW, Sami, I was getting 28mpg at 60mph. A/F ratio was about 16:1 with 40
degrees advance at speed. The #3 head was running about 360-370F, #1 was
about 340.
If anyone is interested in seeing my fuel injection fuel and timing data,
pmail me. I will send you a screen shot of the spreadsheets.

Chris