[T2] Can disc master cylinder be used with drum brakes?

Chris Dreike cdreike at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 14:29:54 PDT 2020

I recently installed EMPI drop spindles on my 71. I purchased the calipers
from EMPI and I also installed new rotors purchased locally. Of course
these are 73+ parts.
I am having a problem with the calipers dragging intermittently. I
installed a new MC and booster, there are new hoses all around as well as
new wheel cylinders and shoes in back.
Any idea on the intermittent dragging? It drags hard enough to heat up the
rotors something fierce and I can feel it in the throttle. It needs more
gas.
Could I have a residual valve causing the problem?

Thanks,
Chris