[T2] Can disc master cylinder be used with drum brakes?

david raistrick keen at icantclick.org
Thu Jul 2 11:51:26 PDT 2020

the caliper in that empi kit APPEARS to be the same style as the kit CSP
uses.  I'm sure someone by now has figured out what caliper that crosses
over to...   but that's just going but the one picture.

the rotor looks like the old CSP rotor design - the current CSP rotor
appears to be a two piece now, so you can just buy the rotor hat (and WW is
selling just the parts now, yay).

ah I found a thread where woody installed a set - definitely appears to be
a two piece hub+rotor assemby.  so worse case a -good- parts shop (or a lot
of digging through rotor catalogs) can find you a replacement in the future.

personally I'd be super skeptical of anything EMPI sells these days.  the
era of empi being a source of quality parts was a really long time ago.  I
can't think of a single positive thing I've heard about them in recent
history....  "cheap, but it broke" or "cheap, but I had to make it work"
comes to mind.

I will make this comment:  if I were doing it again, I'd (probably) get a
15" only kit and get wide 5 15" wheels instead of sticking with my 14s.   a
bigger rotor with more swept area would be a nice positive..   not to
mention opening up more rear disk options.  (You actually have some rear
disk options on your bay anyway)