[T2] Beware: Russell Auto Body in El Cajon CA

Dave Gillingham dave at coronado-realty.com
Tue Feb 18 18:15:01 PST 2020

Listees:

Two posts in one day!  Never before...  My story:

I was restoring a 71 Westy when I decided to take it for body work and
paint to Russell's Auto Body in El Cajon. Rusty quoted me 4-5 months for
the work - about 18 months ago. I also took a sunroof bus for one month
repair about two months after dropping off the Westy, and agreed that it
would add a month to the Westy timeline. The sunroof bus took about 9
months, and when I got it back the sunroof not only didn't work, it was not
properly assembled, the paint was badly orange peeled, and there are rust
specs coming through the top paint.

I am going to cut my losses and retrieve the Westy on Thursday. So, beware
of this vendor that I found on the Samba!

Does anybody know of a restoration shop within a few hundred miles of San
Diego that is honest and does decent work?

Sorry for the negative post!

Dave Gillingham, Owner/Broker

License # 01184185

o:  (619) 435-0145