[T2] Disc brakes dragging

Jamie jrivers at globalserve.net
Sun Aug 16 07:10:24 PDT 2020

Inside the booster, there is a valve, opens on brake application and allows vac to assist movement Of cylinder in master cylinder

If fluid is in that area, it will hold the port open,, and keep brakes applied while vacuum is available

and when more fluid gets in there ,,A slight tap of the pedal will cause the vac to depress it and pull it out from under your foot, and apply brakes fairly hard!

Sounds to me that there is fluid that has bypassed seal on master ,,, over the years,, so you don’t notice a recent drop in fluid in the reservoir,,

Pull the master (loosen off far enough) and field fab a dip stick from box board to slide into booster below the master .. see if there is fluid in there
I don’t worry about a little fluid,,

If there is a “lot” <relatively speaking,, I’ve devise a way to siphon/ wet vac out the fluid ... a u shaped steel line ,,
There isn’t much room ,,

Of course , if there has been a recent drop in reservoir level,, then a master cyl repair/ replacement is in order

My take on it,,  Jamie