[T2] Rear brake problem, brakes lock when braking

Daniel Martinelli daniel.martinelli at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 11 09:29:53 PST 2019

Good points, we did 'bed-in' the front disk brakes. Also we replaced
(albeit just one) of the rear rubber lines.
The calipers are stock. The locking also happens with the old brake pads.
As of loosening the back brakes, we tried that as well.
Master cylinder works fine as far as I know, does not go soft. But for sure
we will have to check brake pads on the front disk calipers again to see if
everything is working properly.

I really cant get over the fact, that the whole thing is totally
symmetrical. We will replace the back brake drums for sure. And all rubber
hoses, just to eliminate this source. The bus needs it anyway, this stuff
has at least 20 years on them.