[T2] Rear brake problem, brakes lock when braking

Daniel Martinelli daniel.martinelli at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 11 08:33:01 PST 2019

Dear all

A friend of mine has a weird problem with his T2b camper rear brakes. When
braking hard, on the road, the rear brakes lock up. We replaced the front
disk brake pads to no avail, checked the caliper pistons and they are fine.
Tires are almost new and correctly inflated.

On the test stand, when tested independently the rear and front brakes work
perfectly.

We thought it could be the proportional valve, replaced it but the problem
persists.

Sooo, apart from the proportional valve, what could influence brake
distribution from front to back? We are at a loss here.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot

Cheers!

Daniel