[T2] turn signal cancellation

c.dreike c.dreike at verizon.net
Wed Feb 13 09:21:30 PST 2019

Hi,
I am reinstalling my steering column and ran into a problem with the
turn signal cancellation. With the steering wheel installed per Bentley
the cancel ring is on the left when the steering is centered. I cannot
get the turn signals to stay on. It is as if the cancel ring is just a
hair too close to the tabs on the turn signal switch and they cannot
latch into position. If I turn the wheel so the tab is on the right,
then the turn signal switch will latch and of course it cancels when the
wheel is turned back to center. This all worked before I took it apart.
Nothing appears to be bent or out of shape. I have a new aftermarket
unit that does the same thing as the original VW unit.
BTW I have the drag link disconnected so that I can spin the wheel easily.
Anyone have ideas of what to look for or do?

Also the PO did something with the under dash wiring and its a rats
nest. Could anyone pmail me photos of what the wiring should look like?

Thanks,
Chris
71 Sunroof
64DD Kamper Kit