[T2] 71 brake drum removal

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 11:22:06 PDT 2018

People seem to not regard the generator light with as much respect. With
these old VW's it is your ONLY warning of a bad belt overheating situation.
Good news if the bottom end is okay. Depending on damage, one MIGHT be able
to hone the cylinders/ new rings and some head work to get it running.
I once had a type 4 engine in a 1980 Vanagon that they had improperly
installed the key in the fan hub. The fan came loose. I reamed the valve
guides, put on new valve springs (old ones were black and short) fixed the
key and hub. Put it in my Vanagon as a temporary motor. Works PRETTY good.
Should hav put in new rings, but a little oil consumption is tolerable.
Al