[T2] OLD FART VW MECHANICS

Al Brase alribee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:18:34 PDT 2018

THE LIFT THING:
I'm on line to do that too. Except I'm STILL  building the garage. And I
goofed building the garage- I should have made 12 foot ceilings. Somehow I
thought 10-1/2 feet was pretty high.  BUT I bought a used Rotary 2 post
lift from the tech school. Gonna cut 18" off the extension part on the top.
And shorten the equalizing cables by 36" It occurs to me that I could add a
fixture on one side to take up the 36" slack and make it movable, so to
ROTATE the whole vehicle somewhat. I'd probably want to thoroughly think
that through, perhaps at least lock the arms to keep from moving around.